Snail Mail Stories was created from the idea to create an educational subscription for kids, something that would foster a love of literature, nature and good, old-fashioned play. My kids love receiving something in the post - the idea behind Snail Mail Stories was born.
Snail Mail Stories was launched as a small Kiwi business in 2017. We are now using traditional post to deliver exciting, personalised and educational envelopes to kids all over New Zealand.
Inspiring - little readers and future leaders one letter at a time
We use simple methods and materials to inspire a love of learning.
We personalise your subscription to make our Snail Mail Stories exciting and relevant for your child.
We foster an appreciation of literature, nature, New Zealand culture and tradition.
We help to develop skills in literacy, critical thinking, creativity and innovation, and social and emotional intelligence.
Connecting - with our whanau, our communities and the world around us
Snail Mail Stories encourages kids to unplug and connect with the world around them through our NZ themed culture and nature envelopes.
Receiving a letter by traditional post each month gives whanau the opportunity to slow down and spend sometime together.
Via our newletter and blog we promote interesting information, events and opportunities relevant to our values, the age of your child and the area you live in.
Including - by being accessible, personalised and actively seeking to support and collaborate with others
At Snail Mail Stories our ultimate goal is to make our subscriptions accessible to as many kids as we can. We hope to do this by:
- keeping our prices reasonable
- using NZ post to deliver your mail no matter where you live in New Zealand
- personalising and differentiating our program for each kid as much as it is reasonably possible to do so
At Snail Mail Stories we believe strength comes from supporting each other and working together. Therefore
- we encourage people to contact us with possible collaboration opportunities, whether you are an organisation looking to grow our Kiwi kids into happy, healthy and capable adults or a talented creative looking to showcase your work, we would love to hear from you
- I am a mum supporting mums and the local economy. Where possible we honour these values in our purchasing and hiring.
Respecting - our environment, one another and ourselves.
We believe the principle of respecting others fosters humanity. This belief is reflected in some of the themes of our envelopes which teach social and emotional intelligence and explore the variety of rich cultures within New Zealand.
Equipping our children with a healthy self esteem and emotional resilience seems more important than ever in our modern, busy world. Some of the themes of our envelopes look to help our children develop these important skills in life.